Manager of Financial Operations
UVA Licensing & Ventures Group
Reporting to the Executive Director, the MANAGER OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS will:
- Assume full responsibility for all financial operations.
- Document all financial transactions and ensure all account information is entered timely and accurately into databases.
- Monitor and maintain all financial terms in agreements and contracts.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable/Receivable including processing invoices, bills and payments, post to customer accounts, monitor the aged receivables, oversee reconciliation of credit card and bank statements, and deposit checks.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance policy and procedure manual.
- Process all distributions to inventor/VPR’s Office/UVA Innovation & Scholarly Activities Fund and resolve any distribution issues.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Prepare and present financial updates at the Board of Directors meetings.
- Maintains financial security by establishing and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide financial expertise and support to the Licensing Team and work with the Licensing Team to resolve financial issues.
- Administrator the HR policies, benefits, and compensation and provide assistance with employee timesheets, new hires, training, and updating employee handbook.
- Produce financial statements, monthly reconciliations, reports, and correspondence as required.
- Manage the Financial Assistant and interns.
Experience and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Business Management/Administration;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for accounting, word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email, and internet;
- 6-8 years of experience in a finance role.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities; self-motivation and initiative; strong attention to detail; and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in an academic, non-profit technology transfer organization o QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Foundations & Non-profit
- family health and dental
- retirement contributions
Remote initially, Charlottesville, Virginia