LIGHTHOUSE is the leading global provider
of laser-based, non-destructive headspace analysis platforms, Our range of benchtop and in-line platforms with patented laser sensor technology is used to analyze pharmaceutical products and packages and monitor sterile product processes across the product life cycle.
In addition to supplying headspace platforms, LIGHTHOUSE offers measurement services and lease equipment from laboratory facilities in Charlottesville, VA, and Amsterdam. Our highly-trained team of Application Scientists supports customers with outsourced testing services, scientific studies, and lease equipment projects.
Lighthouse Instruments is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join our talented team.
The Accountant position is responsible for supporting the operations of the Accounting Department in the daily administration and processing of accounting-related functions.
At Lighthouse Instruments (LHI), we consider our talented team to be our greatest asset. Their health and wellness are vital to the success of our organization. That’s why, as part of our Total Rewards strategy, we offer affordable and comprehensive healthcare coverage with ancillary benefit options to eligible employees and their families beginning the first day of the month following the hire date.
Additionally, LHI offers a variety of benefits focused on the professional development, financial, and well-being of our employees. Our benefits package includes several Medical options, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and AD& D, Voluntary Life, and Disability Insurance. Our Wellness benefits include Mental Health, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), Fitness & Health Programs, Parental Leave, PTO, and Work-Life Balance such as flex-time. LHI offers generous Tuition Assistance, Company Matching Retirement, Discretionary Bonus potential, Travel Insurance, and much more.
- Review incoming customer Purchase Orders for accuracy and completeness
- Process customer POs with appropriate departments
- Update all logs/systems with order information
- Assist in the preparation of paperwork related to international shipments
- Reconcile key accounts in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Administer daily accounting functions in QuickBooks accounting Software
- Analyzes and verifies account information; creates spreadsheets and reports
- Assist with Accounts Receivables and Payables
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and financial processes
- All other Accounting duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum two years related experience working in an Accounting/Finance Department or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with fundamental accounting principles (GAAP), practices, rules, and regulations
- Prior knowledge with hands-on experience using QuickBooks accounting software
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Excel
- Proficiency with Google G-Suite, and MS Office Products
- Possess above-average attention to detail with a close observation of accuracy
- Above average aptitude for working with numbers
- Self-motivated with a desire to succeed & drive organizational improvements
- Customer service oriented both internally and externally
- Proactive, adheres to deadlines, and responsive to management requirements
- Active listening and clear communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation skills (e.g., grammar, writing, and editing) to interact professionally with individuals, internally with co-workers, and externally with vendors and customers required
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
- Above-average interpersonal and relationship skills are essential, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time, and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines required
- A team player who can cultivate a team spirit within the department and maintain positive interdepartmental collaboration
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply Organization guidelines and procedures within the position and the department
If you are an experienced and qualified professional with scientific and personal integrity, dedication to pursuing excellence, a passion for science and innovation, and a commitment to customer and team respect, please email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Lighthouse Instruments LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the U.S. includes race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical and mental disabilities, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes but is not limited to hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leave of absence, and termination.
Note: If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this, as this recruiting platform is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
- Tuition Assistance
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.