Seraphic Group is looking for an experienced, hands-on accounting professional to lead, support, and anchor the day-to-day operations of the Finance team as Assistant Controller, reporting to the Senior Director of Finance. This position is supported by an accounts payable generalist and an accounting associate.
Working with all members of the team, the Assistant Controller will also help manage accounting, auditing, and budgeting systems for the Seraphic Group, which is the parent company of 10 subsidiaries — a company that is growing and changing.
Position is based with the team at the Charlottesville office. To mitigate COVID-19 contagion, the team is working on a temporary, on-and-off site schedule.
Ours is a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the role, Seraphic employees share a vision for the future: healing mother Earth and all her creation.
Seraphic Group is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Interested? Visit the Seraphic Group’s website for more about the company. Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Success in this position will require analytical and communications skill, thorough knowledge of GAAP, and ability to embrace change and leverage technology to:
- Ensure transactional compliance
- Manage the General Ledger
- Oversee accounts payable and payroll functions
- Reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances
- Assist with preparation for audits
- Help produce and review historical and forecast reports
- Calculate standard costs and prepare sales tax reporting
- Lead and mentor others
- Other projects as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- BA or BS in accounting, finance, or related field, highly preferred
- 3-5 years of substantive, financial control experience
- Manufacturing and product costing background a plus
- CPA or CMA certification, preferred. Working knowledge of GAAP a must
- Dynamics 365 Business Central or similar ERP systems experience
- AvaTax (Avalara) or similar sales tax software experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficiency using MS Excel and MS Word
- Must pass post-offer background check
- controlling: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance