Associate Biomedical Engineer
Luna Labs’ Biotech Group is committed to addressing critical technical challenges in modern healthcare. This team of biomedical engineers, molecular biologists, materials scientists, chemists, and biophysicists drives advancements in medical technology through close partnerships with clinicians and external researchers. We work in fields as diverse as wound healing, clinical diagnostics, medical simulation, and drug and vaccine delivery.
The Biotech Group is currently searching for an associate biomedical engineer with several of the following skillsets: Mechatronics, mechanical design, 3D printing, and rapid prototyping, biochemistry, molecular biology, electrochemistry, and biological detection/diagnostic device development.
- Guides development and transition of medical device and biological detection systems from development to prototype to product.
- Designs and carries out experiments to test prototypes, including in vitro biological testing, data anlysis, and mechanical characterization.
- Designs, performs, and optimizes microbiology, molecular biology, and biochemistry protocols within the lab setting.
- Acquires necessary equipment and supplies for upcoming work efforts.
- Writes clear, concise, and timely reports to document results.
- Discusses work performed and future development efforts at weekly meetings.
- Demonstrates and promotes safety.
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience working on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, troubleshoot, and optimize technical objectives.
- Passion for learning and applying the state-of-the-art in science and engineering to develop products with clinical applications is required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field, and several years of relevant work experience.
- Must be a US citizen or have Permanent Residence
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.