Associate Product Manager (two positions)
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
If you are a high-performance team player with innate professional excellence, a curious mind and a positive spirit, interested in marketing in the medical device field, this might be the right position for you! Training and guidance provided.
About MicroAire Surgical Instruments: MicroAire is a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of powered surgical instruments. Customer-centric and driven for success, MicroAire is a team, dedicated to enhancing quality of life. MicroAire is located in beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia. Home of the University of Virginia and two large hospitals, and adjacent to Shenandoah National Park, Charlottesville is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America. We offer an excellent benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. For more information, visit www.microaire.com (EOE)
- Conduct market research to support sales forecasts, proposals, and new-product development.
- Develop marketing materials including instruction manuals, product catalogs, advertisements, videos, and social media campaigns.
- Participate with engineers in the development of new surgical products.
- Interact with surgeons, business partners, vendors, and industry colleagues.
- Coordinate product-training for sales reps and surgeons.
- Periodically travel to attend training labs, surgical procedures, and trade shows.
- Collaborate with all departments and functional areas of the company.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years professional work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Motivated, resourceful, and organized.
- Creative with aptitude for scientific, technical, and anatomical language and concepts.
- Experience in marketing.
- Experience in the medical-device industry.
**To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and brief personal essay describing which professional attribute – resourcefulness, accountability, or productivity – is most important to you and why.