HemoSonics, LLC is seeking an Associate Scientist to perform laboratory testing of reagents and controls for an in vitro diagnostic Point of Care (POC) system.
Key Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- Ability to perform laboratory testing efficiently and reliably and to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow universal precautions.
- Effective analytical and quantitative skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively on an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of basic statistics desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starting, self-motivated and capable of working independently when necessary.
- Experience in clinical, biotech, or academic laboratory testing desirable
- Competence working with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, understand and conform to policies and procedures.
- Test in vitro diagnostics reagents and controls following established procedures. Accurately and carefully maintain documentation as required under a regulated environment.
- Write, schedule, organize and execute experimental protocols.
- Assist in studies to develop product formulations.
- Perform testing to support verification of product requirements.
- Provide support for special topics and problems that arise, as assigned.
- Support reagent design, including formulation and testing for reagents and control optimization.
- Assemble and analyze data, summarize results, and write reports as directed.
- Conduct activities in compliance with laboratory safety and good laboratory practices.
- Other activities as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS degree in biochemistry, medical technology, or a related field.
- Current phlebotomy certification desirable.
- Must be able to move and lift up to 50lbs.