Business Development Manager - BIOTECH
Luna Labs USA, LLC has created a portfolio of solutions for government customers in aerospace, defense, healthcare, and green technology and is ready to move them into broader commercial markets. Our diverse capabilities in materials, biotech, and engineered systems allow us to collaborate to address unique and complex problems faced by our customers. The Biotech Group at Luna Labs is committed to addressing critical technical challenges in modern healthcare, advancing medical technology through close partnerships with clinicians and external researchers. The work is fast-paced, collaborative, and focused on solving critical global healthcare needs.
To assist with commercialization, the Biotech Group at Luna Labs is seeking a creative and motivated Business Development Manager to drive commercialization of technologies across the healthcare space. This Go-to-Market leader will work in a fast-paced environment to craft strategies and lead execution in bringing Luna Labs’ products to market directly and through the establishment of commercial partnerships. This versatile and highly motivated individual will design and implement strategies for commercial product transition. They will support management by evaluating and implementing new business opportunities such as out-licensing, joint ventures, and acquisitions. In support of these partnering activities, they will prepare materials including pitch decks, term sheets, and other materials needed to support negotiations.
- Establish a baseline matrix of potential opportunities across the Luna Labs Biotech portfolio and create the associated analysis to determine potential market opportunity, resources required, competitive landscape, and overall market potential to prioritize test cases to further explore.
- Determine the staffing and resource requirements for the initial (two to three) target market plans and the associated strategy and execution plans. These should include a deeper analysis of competitive solutions, specific target profiles, go-to-market channel considerations (direct/channel), staffing requirements, marketing requirements, pricing expectations, and other considerations required to develop a go-to-market financial plan and associated execution strategy.
- Develop a framework to calibrate success and ensure execution of stated commercialization goals within the selected solution’s timeline and budget. This should be done with follow-on solutions in mind such that the plan evolves to a flexible template for broader commercial execution.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS required; MBA plus degree in scientific / medical discipline is preferred.
- 3+ years biotech, medical device, or biopharmaceutical experience; candidates with consulting backgrounds will be considered; deal track record strongly preferred.
- Experience in start-up environment preferred.
- High energy, results-driven individual with a positive “nothing is impossible” attitude.
- Ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong knowledge of biotechnology industry, product development process, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform financial calculations, including product forecasting.
- Excellent oral and written (Word, PPT) communication/presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
- Due to government contracting regulations, U.S. Citizenship is a firm requirement.
- Strong Reputation; Network; Respect in Community
- Analytical; Data Driven
- Impeccable Ethics
- Decisive; Strong Sense of Purpose; Bias for Action
- Driven; Enthusiastic; Independent Problem Solver
- Humble; Accountable; Strong Sense of Team