Director of Business Development
Tympanogen is a medical device company based in Richmond, VA that is on a mission to improve healthcare by simplifying surgical procedures. We develop gel-based medical devices for the ear, nose, and throat industry, and are transforming eardrum surgery into an office-based procedure. We are hiring a Director of Business Development to develop and execute our commercialization strategy to launch our first product. This position reports directly to the CEO and works closely with team members to implement successful commercial practices. It is a highly visible position for a motivated, execution-focused leader in an agile, innovative company.
- Lead product launch strategy for company’s medical devices;
- Develop and execute revenue-generation plans;
- Identify key performance indicators and implement methods to track them;
- Engage and evaluate strategic partnerships;
- Develop and execute reimbursement strategies based on market data;
- Develop a growth plan that includes follow-on products;
- Coordinate necessary training of personnel to adopt and adhere to commercial practices;
- Review contracts and negotiate partnerships;
- Establish goals for performance and report progress regularly to CEO.
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of business development experience in medical device space;
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred);
- Track record for launching 510(k) or de novo (Class II) medical devices;
- Strong experience building growth strategies for early-stage companies;
- Expert at generating and maintaining organized and accurate records and reports;
- Communicates effectively with management and other stakeholders in different functions at various levels.