LIGHTHOUSE is the leading global provider of laser-based, non-destructive headspace analysis platforms. Our range of benchtop and in-line platforms with patented laser sensor technology is used to analyze pharmaceutical products and packages and monitor sterile product processes across the product life cycle. In addition to supplying headspace platforms, LIGHTHOUSE offers measurement services and leases equipment from laboratory facilities in Charlottesville, VA, and Amsterdam. Our highly-trained team of Application Scientists supports customers with outsourced testing services, scientific studies, and lease equipment projects.
LHI has an immediate opening for a Controller
As Controller, this position is responsible for providing transformative accounting & financial services management and oversight of key financial functions in accordance with GAAP in a high-tech manufacturing environment. This position will provide management with accurate and comprehensive financial information with effective processes and controls to ensure integrity to guide effective policy-making and financial strategizing.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, providing business analysis, including recommendations for financial improvements to the company.
- Maintain and improve the system of internal accounting controls to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and the integrity of corporation data to safeguard company assets and assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain a commitment to continuously improve and optimize the department’s systems, processes, and reporting as the company continues its growth trajectory to enhance efficiency and scale the business.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, including forecasting and analyzing cash needs and implementing strategies to optimize cash management and working capital.
- Prepare and examine accounting records and financial statements, complete tax preparation duties, or liaise with external tax accountants for tax preparations and other financial reports as required.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to manage business risks and improve decision-making.
- Provide financial insight and expertise to help the company leadership develop long-term strategies.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and other departments within the organization to drive critical operational improvement metrics.
- Maintain a commitment to continuously document, monitor, and update accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Provide financial analysis for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Manage cash flow forecasting; collaborate with leadership to assess the financial efficacy of operations and establish systems to support operations.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and manage current accounting staff, leverage strengths to help clarify roles and responsibilities, and develop and implement programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels of the organization, including accounting and non-finance managers.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, promptly informing the president of all critical financial issues.
- Manage ad-hoc accounting projects as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA or certifications preferred.
- 6-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment as a Controller or similar role is required.
- Experience with selecting, upgrading, and implementing financial ERP systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and its application in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel using spreadsheets. Familiarity with QuickBooks and other financial software programs.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial reporting.
- Exceptional commitment to detail and accuracy with effective problem analysis, critical thinking, and resolution skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a positive attitude, good judgment, a strong sense of responsibility, and position ownership.
- Comprehensive understanding of tax laws and reporting requirements.
- Highly responsive and action-oriented, providing exceptional customer service internally and externally.
- Follow through on commitments, drive for closure, and deliver sustainable results.
- Foster an environment that promotes LHI’s mission, vision, and values and encourages continuous improvement and accountability at all organizational levels.
- A level of business acumen that allows assessment of the reasonableness of other’s proposals and plans.
- Proven track record of building, developing, and leading high-performance accounting teams.
- Active listening and clear communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation skills (e.g., grammar, writing, and editing) to interact professionally with individuals, internally with co-workers, and externally with vendors and customers required
- Above-average interpersonal and relationship skills are essential, with the ability to handle sensitive, stressful, and confidential situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time, and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines required
- A team player who can cultivate a team spirit within the department and maintain positive interdepartmental collaboration
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply Organization guidelines and procedures within the position and the department
Lighthouse Instruments LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the U.S. includes race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical and mental disabilities, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes but is not limited to hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leave of absence, and termination.
Note: If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this, as this recruiting platform is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
- Discretionary Bonus
- Wellness Benefits
- Fitness & Health Programs
- Tuition Assistance/Professional Development
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.