Cytotherapy Lab Specialist
Based in Charlottesville, Va., UVA Health embodies the leadership and inventiveness personified by its founder, Thomas Jefferson. In 1825, Jefferson established the nation’s 10th medical school, which has since grown into a nationally renowned academic medical center. UVA Health includes a 612-bed hospital, level I trauma center, children’s hospital and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia.
Ranked among the best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, UVA has doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals recognized as leaders in their fields and who make every effort to push the envelope of medicine.
- Responsible for performing technical processing procedures and associated quality functions related to autologous and allogeneic HPC and therapeutic cellular therapy products within the Cytotherapy Laboratory.
- Responsible for laboratory operations with strict adherence to applicable regulations and standards.
- Processing and cellular therapy products according to standard operating procedures and assists the clinical staff during the transplant.
- Becomes familiar with and maintains knowledge about protocols for Stem Cell Transplants.
- Ensure reagents are properly handled & processed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality safety and compliance programs.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, biology, chemistry or related science required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience: clinical laboratory, autologous/allogeneic stem cell and cellular therapy processing for human transplant, cord blood banking experience
- Licensure: NoneJob requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking; Repetitive motion: (microscopic screening). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20-50 lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
The University of Virginia expects all current and new employees (UVA Health System and Academic), to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
If hired to work within the University Health System, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
Must submit application through UVA HR.