Director of Operations
Maxim Biomedical is seeking a Director of Operations that will be responsible for directing multisite manufacturing and supply-chain for a fast-growing medical diagnostic devise company.
Ideal candidate is someone dependable and people-oriented who enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects. Candidate must be adaptable and flexible who can do work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop accurate demand forecasts of all line items for their accountable segment of the business by using a combination of statistical forecasting integrated with insights gained via partnering with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance departments. Ensure consistent integration into the forecast of customer insights, base business trends, merchandising promotional plans, new item volumes, plan-o-gram changes and seasonal volume with the goal of reducing working capital and minimizing forecast error
• Manage the existing supply chain department. Review orders shipping to the customer (turn, seasonal, and/or promotion) to maximize performance against internal and customer-driven goals.
• Analyze, maintain, and modify key item-level system replenishment settings such as minimum ship quantity and shipment increment.
• Develop/maintain statistical safety stock strategy
• Manage new items. Manage customer specific systems and tools integration with the forecasting system.
• Work to reduce chargebacks and improve report cards with customers.
• As the Supply Chain Interface, individual will provide Sales and Operations teams with timely analysis, guidance, and decision-making to ensure that the supply chain is in the best position to execute the demand plan generated from the total operational forecast. This includes generating and publishing to key stakeholders, monthly and weekly demand forecasts, including clear identification of assumptions highlighting significant changes since release of previous report.
• Proactively develop others within the planning organization through the sharing of best
demonstrated processes and knowledge transference. Provide cross functional leadership across departments to solve for demand related issues caused by forecast error, demand constraints, unplanned promotional opportunities, etc.
• Responsible for implementing methods, approaches, and solutions to maximize warehouse efficiency and use.
In addition to position-specific work, as outlined above, the Demand Planner will act as a lead on special projects, providing leadership as a functional expert to represent Demand Planning needs. The teams will include (but not be limited to): seasonal teams, new product launch teams, and continuous improvement.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field required
• A minimum of 10+ years’ supervisory experience in manufacturing
• Strong computer skills including MS Office products
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, positively influence and train direct reports, peers and others
• Experience with Data Ninja a plus
• Strong communication skills, both in written and verbal form
• Excellent problem-solving skills
- Clinical Research
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off