Director, Sales and Business Development
Springbok Analytics is seeking a dedicated and analytical Director of Sales and Business Development to join our team. This person will oversee the daily sales activities, manage the customer pipeline, prepare sales reports, market company products and services, foster relationships with customers and develop effective sales strategies. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, good leadership skills, and the ability and interest to help drive company success. The Director of Sales and Business Development will have an interest in researching and analyzing SaaS platforms and AI software market, competitors in the space, and have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Contribute to drive significant sales growth across Springbok’s market segments.
- Work to ensure we drive a customer focused and sales-data driven culture.
- Support the CEO and other team members in business development and customer success efforts.
- Manage pipeline and prospective customer engagement through CRM tool.
- Assist with developing sales and marketing strategies and measures of success (sales leading indicators, KPIs) in Springbok’s key market segments.
- Organize and oversee sales operations.
- Engage with Springbok’s advisors and consultants to assist with sales efforts on an as needed basis.
- Engage with Springbok’s customers on an as needed basis in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Conduct research and analysis about Springbok’s competitors, markets and potential partners.
- Adhere to and encourage Springbok’s core values.
Experience and Qualifications
- Exceptional work ethic and the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and work with team members in hands-on capacity.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude. Results-oriented personality with strong desire to succeed.
- Data and process driven individual. Hands-on to close deals, highly experienced in pipeline and deal reviews to support the sales process.
- Proficient in use of relevant CRM database tools.
- Interact effectively and professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team leadership and managerial skills and excellent client management/negotiation skills. Ability to influence others and prepare for emerging customer needs.
- Demonstrate a strong emphasis on customer service and ability to understand the customer’s needs.
- Be able to work independently within a team environment.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality in all interactions with and on behalf of Springbok’s customers.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant office software.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.