Electronics Test & Assembly Technician
Caretaker Medical, a fast-growing developer of innovative wireless patient monitoring devices is seeking an Electronics Technician to join our technical team. The company’s flagship product is a simple, non-invasive finger sensor, App, and patented algorithms, that wirelessly measures continuous ‘beat-by-beat’ Blood Pressure (“CNIBP”), Arterial Pressure Waveforms, and other hemodynamic parameters enabling ICU-Quality remote patient monitoring without wires at all points of care. Customers in the USA and 15 other countries use the Caretaker monitor for multiple use-cases across the full continuum of care, including in-patient, critical-care, chronic-care, hospital-at-home, remote patient monitoring, and COVID patients. We offer a competitive compensation package of salary, stock options, healthcare, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement, as well as an empowering, entrepreneurial work environment with a shared-success mentality that values speed, integrity, commitment, results, and diversity of thought ahead of formality, fluff, and bureaucracy.
- Assist with the assembly, programming, and testing of electronic devices, as well as the use and development of manufacturing test fixtures for a production environment
- Perform Testing and troubleshooting of electronics-based medical device products
- Assist with prototyping and board bring-up and testing functions, including on-board circuit modification, PCBA soldering and component add/change/removal
- Perform hand soldering of surface mount components on high density PCBs as needed.
- Identify, test, and qualify 2nd sources for electronic components and compile documentation for PCB/BOM updates
- Integrate and validate new product design changes and provide supporting documentation.
- Maintain records as required by ISO13485
- Assist with manufacturing activities and provide support to CM’s for production issues
- Assist with the maintenance of lab, lab equipment and supplies
- Other duties as assigned and required for business operations.
- Entrepreneurial, “roll-up sleeves and get it done” mentality. Pragmatic and able to quickly get to the heart of issues and act decisively and manage multiple concurrent priorities
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Electronics Technician candidate is a naturally curious, hands-on, person with a technical mindset and strong attention to detail. General knowledge of electronics and PCBA’s and an ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is required. Desired skills include surface mount soldering, PCBA test & Troubleshooting, and experience collaborating with hardware and software engineers to develop and maintain wireless products. Knowledge of FDA regulated medical products, ISO 13485 processes Design History File documentation, and GMP is desired, but not mandatory. Training will be provided.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
PCB: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance