Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
Come join MicroAire! We are seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator to lead our planning, monitoring and continuous improvement of MicroAire’s Environmental Health and Safety programs.
The EHS Coordinator leads the planning, monitoring and continuous improvement of MicroAire’s Environmental, Health and Safety programs. Will be responsible for EHS activities in all MicroAire business locations, assessing and managing hazards and risks, and ensuring compliance with government occupational and safety regulations, industry standards and company practices and policies. Will implement safety policies and practices to ensure a safe and healthy work environment and train all employees to these policies and the importance of adherence.
- Manages the safety program to include Safety Committee, hazardous material, First Aid Responders, OSHA compliance and training, emergency planning and disaster recovery.
- Coordinates agency audits for equipment and building.
- Ensures compliance with local and federal fire, safety and building code regulations and prepares reports as required.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, legal practices, CGMP and ISO requirements.
- Manages budget expenditures for facility and related services.
- Trains employees on health and safety policies and best practices.
- Conducts inspections and identifies hazards and potential EHS violations across all departments. Provides solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards.
- Implements new health and safety protocols to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitors operational processes and employee activities for EHS compliance.
- Generates assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Keeps abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations and best practices.
- Manages Hazardous Waste and coordinates disposal
- Initiates and maintains pertinent permits for hazardous materials, stormwater (DEQ), pressure vessels, etc.
- Responsible for negotiation, approval process, and file keeping of EHS and facility maintenance contracts and all related documentation such as contractor’s insurance, certification of work completed, etc.
- Locates, hires and manages projects and contractors required for installation and maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security and sprinkler systems, and other facility equipment. Responsible for file keeping of facility drawings (structural, electrical, plumbing, layouts etc.) and off-site record storage
Experience and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s or Associates degree in environmental engineering, safety management or equivalent required. Working knowledge of regulations such as OSHA, EPA, DOT required. Working knowledge of chemical safety and hygiene required. Knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical and mechanical technology preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as an EHS coordinator in a manufacturing environment is required. OSHA training or similar EHS certification preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret safety data sheets.
- Good verbal, writing and communications skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational and technical skills
- Strong leadership and training abilities with time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously