Expense Reimbursement Representative
General Dynamics Shared Resources
General Dynamics’ Shared Resources (SR) provides the company’s Business Units and Corporate Headquarters with innovative and effective common HR, Payroll and Expense Reimbursement services. The Expense Reimbursement Representative reviews, audits, analyzes, and approves or rejects expense reports per business unit, FAR and FTR guidelines. They identify missing and inaccurate information and communicate clearly so the traveler can correct errors.
The Expense Reimbursement Representative has the overall responsibility to deliver the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for GD ethos, Shared Resources’ standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
- Reviews/audits expense reports to ensure all required receipts and documents are submitted per business unit policy, and FAR, FTR guidelines.
- Analyzes/audits expense reports to justify that all travel costs are in compliance with the various business units’ policies and procedures and government FAR and FTR requirements. This entails reconciling per diem rates; unallowable expenses; lodging, car rental, airfare and other itemizations; personal travel expenses; and interpreting foreign language receipts.
- Processes/audits expense reports through the Travel and Expense reimbursement software system.
- Communicates clearly in writing the nature of any errors and how to correct them. Communicates system errors or abnormalities to system administrator and supervisor.
- Manages their workload to meet both efficiency and quality expectations.
- Maintains daily performance sheets for month end statistical analysis.
- Works on special projects deemed appropriate to maintain optimum workflow of the expense reimbursement process.
- Trains other Shared Resources staff in the use of the Travel and Expense software system and policies.
- Acts as a resource for the Shared Resources Employee Service Center representatives providing travelers assistance with use of the system, specific business unit policies and procedures and FAR and FTR guidelines.
- Educates the Shared Resources Employee Service Center representatives in their knowledge of expense processing procedures so they can better support their callers.
- Becomes competent in multiple business unit policies to provide back-up support as needed.
- Assists travelers on how to use the system, and how to submit expense reports. Resolves problems quickly and efficiently.
- Responds to travelers’ questions specific business unit policies and procedures as well as FAR and FTR guidelines.
- Works on special projects deemed appropriate in the expense reimbursement process.
- Performs other tasks to support other Shared Resources departments, as needed and assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a variety of customers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend and apply policies. Positive attitude about working in a team environment.
- Strong Windows based computer skills including Word and Excel.\
- Secondary coursework in Accounting, Business or other related field desired.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting principals: debits, credits, general ledger.