Field Application Specialist
LumaCyte, a biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia is growing! Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, biopharmaceutical, and CDMO organizations to advance their processes and accelerate the delivery of life saving treatments and cures. LumaCyte’s patented technology, Laser Force Cytology, has broad and deep applicability across the life sciences sector with strong adoption in the vaccine and cell and gene therapy arenas. We are a company built on innovation with a strong focus on team, where everyone comes together to advance our mission of accelerating scientific discoveries and breakthroughs.
Our company is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Field Applications Specialist (FAS). The FAS is a multifunctional role and will be responsible for performing customer product demonstrations, installations, training and support in the field as well as support the R&D team internally to test and improve our line of products using customer feedback they obtain in the field. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks. We are looking for someone who will enjoy a fast-paced and growing organization with the ability to expand their job description as well as additional opportunities long term.
- Perform pre- and post-sales activities such as on-site demos, customer training to demonstrate instrument use, software functionality, protocol development, instrumentation installation, service visits and preventive maintenance for a wide variety of customers nationally and globally.
- Provide scientific and technical support on LumaCyte instruments, reagents, and systems. Multidisciplinary support of LumaCyte instrumentation including hardware, software and biologic troubleshooting with co-travel support as needed.
- Perform field service visits and preventive maintenance on LumaCyte’s instrumentation.
- Support customers by providing technical and applications support and troubleshooting over the telephone and via e-mail for all products.
- Follow-up technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions to problems and complete all required follow-up documentation.
- Act as liaison between customers and internal R&D and business team by providing insights for current product continuous improvements through feedback providing voice of the customer information internally.
- Stays scientifically current and engaged in fast-moving fields in which our business participates and deeply understand LumaCyte customer needs.
- Develop training material, update user manuals, assist with technical applications documentation and ensure good documentation of field service visits including site visit and preventive maintenance reports.
- Collaborate with R&D for debugging software and hardware solutions and testing of new software releases.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology, or others related field required.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Field Applications Specialist, or similar position for an instrumentation/biotechnology company required.
- Laboratory experience in sample processing for single cell analysis desired.
- Broad knowledge and technical expertise troubleshooting cellular biology/virology applications desirable.
- Broad knowledge and technical expertise of virology and virological methods including plaque assay, TCID50, and neutralization assays, functional cell-based assays, cell culture desired.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, and an outstanding in person demeanor capable of building strong relationships with customers
- Outstanding customer service ethics.
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction and oversight.
- Ability to travel nationally and sometimes globally up to 50% of the time with occasional short notice (as little as 24 hours).