Field Applications Scientist (FAS)
This position, reporting into the Director, Global Sales, will be responsible for supporting customers in successfully adopting and integrating microGEM’s novel technologies into their workflows. These efforts will include preparing and providing seminars on the products to help close purchasing opportunities, developing and optimizing workflows and applications on the products, and providing technical support for customers using the products. The ideal candidate will have experience with liquid handling robotic systems (programming, integration), or willing to learn these skills to assist in developing high throughput methodologies for our customers. In addition, this position will support, as needed, microGEM’s COVID-19 testing platform, soon to be released.
- Work with the U.S. based sales team in driving adoption of the products in customers’ labs, through seminars, on-site (or remote) discussions, experimental optimizations, integration into downstream applications and workflows.
- Provide post-sales support for customers – either remote or in person.
- Develop, test, and optimize automation scripts on various automation platforms – primarily at customer sites. Partner with automation companies in the integration of their platforms with microGEM’s products.
- Work with the global support teams: Technical Services and field scientists, along with internal R&D scientists – in developing and implementing consistent strategies and best practices for applications and workflows in customers’ labs.
- Work with internal partners in the development of information for a global Knowledgebase.
- Document customer interactions, experiences, resolutions, etc., in the Customer Support documentation system.
- As needed, provide field or remote support for the Spitfire platform.
- Interface with the company’s R&D and product management teams in communicating customer issues and/or opportunities for continued partnerships with microGEM.
- Partner with the field support team in developing application notes, troubleshooting guides, workflow strategies, etc., to ensure customers are consistently successful in adopting and using microGEM’s products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field (Ph.D. preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have had some experience in a customer facing role, or has the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer facing skills.
- The ideal candidate will have broad based experience in a variety of research technologies: sequencing, qRT-PCR, genotyping, CRISPR, forensics, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in or with CLIA labs and familiar with regulatory elements associated with these types of assays.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience, or willingness to learn, laboratory automation systems and programming for product adaptation.
- Tremendous organizational skills.
- Collaborative in nature.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Clinical Research
- Health Tech & Software