General Ledger Accountant
HemoShear Therapeutics is a clinical stage company developing new treatments for patients with rare metabolic disorders. We apply our deep understanding of complex diseases to discover breakthrough treatments for our proprietary pipeline. We also partner with biopharma companies to accelerate their drug discovery and development programs in liver diseases, gout and metabolic disorders. We are implementing a new vision for how advanced biological systems can yield new insights that improve health and quality of life for patients in need.
Reporting to the company’s Controller, the General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for performing various daily/monthly accounting duties including all general ledger account transaction postings and monthly reconciliations, general ledger account analysis, collaboration with all internal departments, focusing on vendor account management (vendor invoicing and statement reconciliation), monthly financial statement preparation assistance and various other ad hoc projects, as assigned. This is an office-based role in Charlottesville, VA; occasional remote work will be considered depending on needs and circumstances.
- Processing of all vendor invoices from general ledger posting through payment.
- Monitoring of daily banking activity and preparation of monthly bank account reconciliation.
- Maintaining fixed asset records and depreciation.
- Maintaining pre-paid expense schedules.
- Maintaining credit card expense activity as well as additional accrued expense schedules.
- Maintaining long-term debt amortization schedules.
- Processing of all month-end accruals, deferrals, reclassification and interdepartmental entries.
Experience and Qualifications
- Two to three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Oracle NetSuite experience a plus, but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Focused on organization and accuracy.
- Experience in the life-sciences industry a plus
HemoShear offers a full range of comprehensive benefits to support the well-being of our employees. Career growth and development opportunities are important to the culture at HemoShear