General Ledger Accountant
Reporting to the company’s Controller, the General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for performing various daily/monthly accounting duties, including all general ledger account transaction postings and monthly reconciliations, general ledger account analysis, collaboration with all internal departments, focusing on vendor account management (vendor invoicing and statement reconciliation), monthly financial statement preparation assistance and various other ad hoc projects, as assigned.
This is an office-based role in Charlottesville, VA; occasional remote work will be considered depending on needs and circumstances.
- Processing of all vendor invoices from general ledger posting through payment
- Monitoring of daily banking activity and preparation of monthly bank account reconciliation
- Maintaining fixed asset records and depreciation
- Maintaining pre-paid expense schedules
- Maintaining credit card expense activity as well as additional accrued expense schedules
- Maintaining long-term debt amortization schedules
- Processing of all month-end accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries
Experience and Qualifications
- Two to three years’ experience in a similar role
- Oracle NetSuite experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Focused on organization and accuracy
- Experience in the life-sciences industry is a plus
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.