Global Sales Director
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC. is a fast-growing medical device company seeking a high-powered Global Sales Leader to drive customer acquisition and retention through a culture of external connectedness and demonstrated commercial acumen. MicroAire is one of four companies within Colson Medical, LLC., the medical group of Marmon Holdings, Inc., under Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., a fortune 100 company. MicroAire has experienced record growth in recent years and is staged to continue or exceed this growth trajectory. If you are a go-getter and want to have the benefit of fortune 100 company opportunity, with the autonomy of a mid-size company this is the role for you.
The Global Sales Director is a newly established role reporting to the VP of Global Sales & Marketing. This is a high visibility position with significant exposure to company’s President. The role offers tremendous growth opportunities in Sales and in General Management within MicroAire, within Marmon’s Medical Sector and within the overall Marmon company. Leading the global sales function, including the Sales team, Customer Service and Logistics team, as well as a global network of US regional Sales Representatives and International Sales Managers this position has the authority in partnership with a top performing team to drive an accelerated company strategic growth agenda especially in Top 10 global markets.
- Committed to delivering annual business targets while enabling sustainable long-term growth. Develops thorough understanding of customer needs and landscape (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Clinics). Leverages analytical skills, understanding of business landscape and customer understanding to better solve customer needs and pain points which in turn will accelerate growth.
- World class sales leader who implements sales best practices and standards-of-practice (SOP) into ongoing selling, customer relationship management and sales tracking. Leverages technology, new tools, and scorecards to keep ongoing pulse of the business and to keep sales force informed.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with all stakeholders- MicroAire sales team, Domestic Sales Reps and International Sales Managers. Keeps company leadership informed of customer landscape and competitive activity along with recommendations to address both risks and opportunities.
- Leads by example and works with a sense of urgency to drive and deliver sales goals while maintaining high quality of work. Can operate at strategy level and is equally willing to roll up the sleeves and work with the teams to get the job done.
- Collaborates with other MicroAire teams (Marketing, Product Supply, Finance) to deliver on customer needs and to raise overall understanding of customer needs to influence design of services, products and commercial toolkits.
- Coaches and provides strategic leadership to sales function- clarity of strategy and translation of strategy into market relevant plans for Top 10 global markets.
- Ensures an environment with the highest level of ethics and principles of doing business are followed, protected, and sustained.
Experience and Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 10 years of commercial experience including 3-years’ experience in sales leadership position
- The ideal background will come from a large, well-managed and successful company with proven leadership skills. Medical device or other B2B industry experience preferred.
Specific Skills/Competencies Required:
- Lead. Does not wait to receive direction. Has a bias for action and to lead when others are looking for direction. Leads in a way that is always consistent with principles, values, and purpose of the company.
- Strategic Thinker. A strategic thinker with sound analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus. Demonstrates a high level of strategic planning and execution supported by long term objectives. Has experience translating market trends, competitive activity, technology advancements and customer needs into actionable plans that provide competitive advantage (right to win) for the organization.
- Commercial acumen and a passion to drive profitable growth. Ability to quickly analyze the opportunity and develop strategy and plan to go after opportunities in a way that delivers profitable growth for the company. Strong customer understanding but importantly the ability to translate it into growth driving ideas. Understands the selling chain, the stakeholder dynamics, the barriers and importantly the ability to build a powerful conceptual sale for the brand proposition.
- Teambuilder and Coach. A team player that can build strong relationships and inspire trust among employees, distributors, and customers. Creates superior level of team engagement, evident in open discussions and diversity of thought. A warm, open manner and common-sense leadership style. Creates an “employer of choice” culture within the sales team that attracts and retains top talent. Demonstrates excellent coaching skills and commitment to building capabilities.
- Communicate. Is extraordinarily skilled when speaking, writing, and presenting. Speaks with confidence, grace, and clarity especially under pressure.
- Collaborate. Ability to work across functions and collaborate both internally and with external partners