LumaCyte, LLC is biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnology companies to characterize, select, and sort cell samples.
- Work with senior team members to design and conduct experiments
- Become proficient in running samples and analyzing, understanding, and presenting data internally and externally
- Assist in the development of novel methods to analyze multivariate data
- Install instruments and support customers in the field and remotely – travel required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, researching and contributing to scientific literature, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies
Core Responsibilities Include:
LumaCyte, LLC seeks an Instrumentation Biologist to assist in the execution, and analysis of biological experiments to support customers in the field.
- Building and testing instruments for commercial release
- Collaborating with other biologists, engineers, and scientists to perform and interpret experiments using the companies cutting edge cell analysis instrument, Radiance.
- Travel for instrument installations and service visits
- Customer facing position for service and troubleshooting
Experience and Qualifications
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in virology, biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience working in biotechnology company. *Lab experience required
- Experience working with analytical instrumentation in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of virology and virological methods including plaque assay, TCID50, and neutralization assays, functional cell-based assays, cell culture
- Familiarity analyzing large and complex data sets; bioinformatics, multivariate analysis, or chemometrics experience desirable
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, scientific software such as MATLAB, and scripting languages such as python
- Diverse communication skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of customers and application spaces within the biotechnology and biomedical industry
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction