Inventory Management Specialist
RIVANNA is seeking an inventory management specialist to contribute to our emerging medical device company’s rapid growth. You will work within a talented team of professionals as we strive to achieve our mission of improving global human health. This role involves management of the supply chain for the company’s manufacturing operations and execution of procurement, inventory accounting, supplier evaluations, and supplier audits.
- Manage the company’s approved vendor list (AVL) including supplier evaluations, audits, and supplier agreements.
- Perform risk management and execute risk mitigation activities on the supply chain.
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms with vendors to reduce bill of materials cost and optimize inventory turnover.
- Issue purchase orders and monitor supplier performance.
- Issue and monitor supplier corrective action requests.
- Work with operations personnel to define acceptance criteria of incoming goods, handle scrap, and non-conforming items.
- Execute appropriate inventory entries to the company’s financial accounting system.
- Manage inventory counts for end of year financial audits.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent is preferred
- 2+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of finance and inventory accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with inventory management software, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 medical device quality management standard
- Medical Insurance