SoundPipe Therapeutics is seeking a laboratory assistant to support the development of its groundbreaking Penello drug delivery system. This position is an opportunity to develop cutting edge medical technology, improve laboratory processes, and learn with a team of ultrasound, drug delivery, and medical device development experts.
Are you looking to apply your laboratory, observation and organization skills to an unmet clinical need while learning with a team of experts? This is the opportunity for you!
SoundPipe Therapeutics is seeking a laboratory assistant with the skills and the motivation to develop the future of therapy. The laboratory assistant will work with SoundPipe’s engineering team to prepare microbubble drug carriers, characterize the drug carriers, evaluate the Penello drug delivery system and maintain the laboratory. The laboratory assistant will apply keen observation skills to monitor experiments and identify opportunities to improve laboratory processes. The ideal candidate will be organized with an attention to detail.
This role is an opportunity to join a small, dedicated team where you will learn a wide range of skills and help improve healthcare through better drug delivery. Interested candidates should provide a resume, a brief cover letter, and 3 professional references.
- Support the development of SoundPipe’s microbubble drug carriers
- Characterize the microbubble drug carriers
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Perform ex vivo benchtop experiments
- Support off-site preclinical studies
- Documentation of experiments
- Order lab supplies and maintain inventory
- Additional tasks may include supporting fabrication
Experience and Qualifications
- Associates degree in science, engineering, or a related field
- Good manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- A strong attention to detail
- Strong organization, documentation, and communication skills
- Team player with high performance standards
- Able to share and receive critical feedback
- Flexibility to assume a variety of roles – Our needs change each day but the company’s focus does not
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Laboratory experience
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of statistics
- Experience with Python
- Job requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping
- Repetitive motion: (pipetting).
- Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs.
- Job requires working with chemicals, loud equipment and blood/body fluids.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan