LumaCyte, LLC seeks a laboratory technician able to assist in the laboratory daily tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintaining laboratory operations including cell culture, virus stocks, and chemical solutions preparation
- Collaborating with other biologists, engineers, and scientists to perform experiments using the companies’ cutting-edge cell analysis instrument, Radiance.
Our ideal candidate can work independently in a BSL2 laboratory setting and is capable of maintaining cell cultures, virus stocks and associated cell culture infections. The candidate is proficient in preparing fluid solutions and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
This individual should embrace and enjoy the energy of a rapidly growing company and thrive in a team-based environment. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, proven self-starter, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks. We are looking for someone who loves the opportunity to wear many hats, embraces times of ambiguity and is the first one to jump in and offer assistance to team members in need.
- Maintain and conduct experiments with multiple mammalian cell lines: seed, infect and harvest cell cultures in both adherent and suspension formats
- Troubleshoot experiments involving cell lines and viruses
- Prepare chemical solutions such as weighing chemicals (both liquid and dry) and mixing components according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform cleaning, disinfecting and storage of glassware/containers
- Maintain chemical inventory and create legible written records
- Work independently and efficiently and able to complete tasks within defined time frames Work with senior team members to conduct experiments
- Become proficient in running samples and analyzing, understanding, and presenting data internally and externally
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, researching and contributing to scientific literature, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years related laboratory experience including aseptic and mammalian cell culture techniques
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Cell biology, Virology or a related discipline preferred
- General laboratory skills including experience with pipettes, hemocytometer, and fluid handling
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement; ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios and calculate dilution volumes
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and ability to document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Ability and desire to work with cutting edge instrumentation in a laboratory setting Experience maintaining equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Pass hands-on competency evaluation
- Previous Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) training
Detailed knowledge of virology and virological methods including plaque assay, TCID50, and neutralization assays, functional cell-based assays, cell culture, etc.
Experience in biomanufacturing desirable including bioreactor use, viral vectors, etc. Ability to characterize cell performance using techniques including flow cytometry, ELISA and related techniques, gene expression assays (qPCR/ddPCR), bioluminescence assay
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Clinical Research