Manager of Project Administration
PRA Health Sciences
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
- Manager of Project Administration provides leadership and strategic business support to the business unit and management teams in support of overall corporate objectives. Provides functional leadership to direct reports including hiring, training, staff assignments, performance management, professional development and coaching.
- Leading and supervising the Project Associates in assigned regions. Project Associates are responsible for project team and client meeting support, facilitating preparation, maintenance and filing of project documents and communication tools, assisting in project status reporting and facilitating project financial reporting.
- Training and mentoring the team to ensure cross-training and the development of proficiency in all related activities.
- Functional management support including performance management and career development.
- Ensuring staff are appropriately allocated to support Project Managers and project teams:
- Determining resource needs based on contractual allocations, available staff, and projected study timelines
- Hiring staff as appropriate
- Adjusting resources based on project priorities, project needs, and skill set.
- Ensuring that Project Administration deliverables conform to customer standards and PRA SOPs and processes and are completed according to project timelines.
- Facilitating a cohesive environment by working in collaboration with other functional areas and business units.
- Participating in company and Project Associate group initiatives, as delegated
Experience and Qualifications
- We are looking for applicants who have previous line management/supervisory experience, ideally within a CRO environment. Exceptional communication skills are essential for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience, including 2 years management
- Supports the development of new services and tools to enhance operational performance and strategic selling capabilities.
- Assists with developing hiring targets and achieving hiring objectives through partnership with corporate recruiting.
- Strong knowledge of company people management policies and procedures, including hiring, performance management, people development, strategic thinking and influencing
- Strong knowledge of company financial systems in relation to project budget/contract
- Strong leadership skills including coaching, interviewing and providing feedback and recognition
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage staff and enhance individual performance