Manufacturing Line Lead
At MicroGEM, we are putting rapid diagnostic technologies where they’re needed most – whether it’s a farmer’s field in Uganda to diagnose cassava mosaic virus; the depths of the Pacific Ocean to rapidly sample and analyze water pathogens; or a doctor’s office to quickly identify infectious disease. We call this ‘democratizing molecular biology’ – bringing molecular biology techniques out of conventional, highly skilled laboratories to the point-of-need where they can be used by anyone to solve complex biological problems.
MicroGEM has an immediate opening for a contract manufacturing line lead. This position will work closely with the manufacturing manager to ensure that the production of diagnostic consumables is meeting production goals, requirements and process standards. The line leader will work in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, perform manual operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of the diagnostic consumable. This consumable will be produced under current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). The line leads will be responsible for ensuring that GMP standards are met and documented appropriately. A majority of the manufacturing will be performed in a cleanroom environment.
We are a global company with exciting technology and a vision for the future. Come join us!
Learn more at www.microgembio.com.
We ask that our employees wear masks in common areas, provide masks, hand sanitizers and gloves, as well as disinfecting regularly. We require all guests to wear masks. We also have installed multiple UV Hepa air purifiers throughout the office.
- Working line supervisor in charge of assembly and testing manufacturing disposable test kits and support functions necessary for the production of diagnostic consumable.
- Maintains, orders, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery.
- Interfaces with the quality management system.
- Assists in maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, logs, and other documentation as required.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all work areas.
- Trains and assists with personnel training as determined by supervisor and quality department.
- Assists in all follow up concerned with products lots achieving released status.
- During start-up, processing and completion of the manufacturing process, provides all documentation necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product.
- At the start and finish of each shift, reports and makes recommendations regarding equipment supplies, required repairs, process concerns, safety concerns, and area improvements.
- Performs environmental monitoring (routine and per process) and records results in the computerized database system.
Experience and Qualifications
- Manufacturing, 3 years or more (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- High School / Associate degree; five or more years direct experience.
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment with a general knowledge of best manufacturing practices and documentation.
- PC skills and ability to learn software and documentation systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with team members at all levels in a collaborative-based environment
- Detail oriented