Manufacturing Process Engineer
Cadence Inc., located in Staunton, Virginia is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer that is well versed in Automated Welding.
What makes this role unique and inspiring?
- This role will be a large contributor in leading the growth of new product development for our medical and commercial device markets.
- This is a hands-on, active role in the company- you will get your hands dirty!
- You will not be sitting at a computer all day long; instead you will take ownership of all aspects of the role and physically drive them to completion.
- The selected candidate must be professional, proactive, self-motivated, and experienced in developing manufacturing processes in support of Product Realization teams.
- The selected individual will represent Manufacturing Engineering during both new product development and ongoing manufacturing support.
- Review new customer opportunities in a team environment.
- Work with customers to improve product manufacturability, (DFM).
- Conceptualize, prototype, and develop new laser welding processes.
- Design, order, and build tooling & fixtures.
- Write machine motion programs using CNC as well as conversational programming languages.
- Personally run various types of laser welding equipment to execute prototype orders.
- Document procedures and create work instructions.
- Train manufacturing associates in the execution of processes.
- Assist in development of measurement techniques, including weld integrity.
- Assist in development of new custom equipment.
- Execute equipment and process qualifications.
- Validate welding processes for medical devices and/or components used within them.
- Stay current in medical regulatory requirements as they pertain to device manufacturing.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational and time management ability.
- Manage own objectives and workloads.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent welding process experience – BSME preferred.
- Laser Welding experience is strongly desired.
- Solid background with Tool / Fixture design.
- 5 years minimum relevant manufacturing experience.
- Experience with multiple welding technologies, (MIG, TIG, stick, gas).
- Demonstrated experience with basic hand tools and powered shop equipment.
- Practical application of automated welding technology.
- Familiarity working within Class 4 laser rooms highly desirable.
- Experience within a medical, automotive, aerospace, or other highly regulated manufacturing environment is desired.
- Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with Shop Associates, Purchasing Professionals, Process Planners, Quality Managers, Production Managers, as well as Customer Engineering groups.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to take initiative.
- Required experience in CAD Modeling programs – SolidWorks preferred.
- Required experience with machine programming – AeroBasic, M/G code CNC, and/or conversational programming languages.
- Experience with CAM Software a plus – Esprit preferred.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, Internet, and e-mail.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Health Tech & Software
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.