At MicroGEM, we are putting rapid diagnostic technologies where they’re needed most – whether it’s a farmer’s field in Uganda to diagnose cassava mosaic virus; the depths of the Pacific Ocean to rapidly sample and analyze water pathogens; or a doctor’s office to quickly identify infectious disease. We call this ‘democratizing molecular biology’ – bringing molecular biology techniques out of conventional, highly skilled laboratories to the point-of-need where they can be used by anyone to solve complex biological problems.
MicroGEM has immediate openings for multiple contract manufacturing technicians. Each position will work closely with the line leads and manufacturing manager to produce diagnostic consumables and maintain manufacturing documentation The manufacturing technicians will work in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, perform manual operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of the diagnostic consumable. This consumable will be produced under current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). The manufacturing technicians will be responsible for ensuring that GMP standards are followed and documented appropriately. A majority of the manufacturing will be performed in a cleanroom environment.
We are a global company with exciting technology and a vision for the future. Come join us!
Learn more at www.microgembio.com.
We ask that our employees wear masks in common areas, provide masks, hand sanitizers and gloves, as well as disinfecting regularly. We require all guests to wear masks. We also have installed multiple UV Hepa air purifiers throughout the office.
- Works in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual operations, general maintenance, and support functions necessary for the production of diagnostic consumable.
- Interfaces with the quality management system.
- Performs all preventative l maintenance on manufacturing equipment, ensures all instruments are properly calibrated and assists in troubleshooting of equipment. Initiates and documents corrective actions.
- Assists in maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, logs, and other documentation as required.
- Participates in and assists with personnel training as determined by supervisor.
- Assists in all follow up concerned with products lots achieving released status.
- Executes start of shift / start of lot performance checks for processing and completion of the manufacturing process, provides all documentation necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product.
- At the finish of each shift, reports and makes recommendations regarding equipment supplies, required repairs, process concerns, safety concerns, and area improvements, performs shut down protocols if required OR hands off the manufacturing line to the incoming shift.
- Maintains, cleans and prepares special equipment used in consumable production. • Performs environmental monitoring (routine and per process) and records results in the computerized database system.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School or Associate degree; five or more years direct experience.
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment with a general knowledge of best manufacturing practices and documentation.
- PC skills required and ability to learn software and documentation systems
- PLC experience beneficial
- Lock out tag out / safety training required
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with team members at all levels in a collaborative-based environment
- Detail oriented.
- Manufacturing technician or similar experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)