MicroGEM is moving molecular techniques out of conventional, highly skilled laboratories to non-laboratory settings where they can be used at point-of-need to solve complex biological problems. The company’s innovative enzymatic approach to nucleic acid extraction provides the foundation for rapid sample preparation, representing the next generation of rapid, point-of-need solutions to address global health, safety, and environmental concerns.
We are experiencing rapid growth and have an immediate need for a mechanical engineer to handle a broad scope of challenges, from design concept, testing/ characterization, and manufacturing support and process controls.
- Design/Build testing rigs to characterize product function.
- Develop and use a range of metrology equipment to assess incoming parts and assemblies for function.
- Drafting and maintenance of product design/assembly documents (CAD, change history, etc.)
- Implement design changes of existing products for manufacturability
- Process Engineering/Production support and troubleshooting product issues
- Tracking and closing out manufacturing issues.
- Collaborate with science team to develop verification tests on product changes
- Interface with quality team to contain and correct non-conforming parts and assemblies
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience as a manufacturing engineer preferred
- Strong technical writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of Solidworks
- Experience with mechanical design and drawings
- Experience designing machine parts
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability and Desire to expand role as needed to get results
- Self-motivated individual that does not require extensive oversight
Preferred Skills and Background
- Injection Molding experience
- Solidworks CAD experience
- Medical or MicroFluidic device interest/knowledge
- Experience in a fast-paced production environment
- vision and 401(k) plans