Located in Charlottesville, VA, AMPEL is a science-driven organization looking for novel ways to bring precision medicine into the day-to-day lives of patients with autoimmune, inflammatory and infectious diseases. Research projects have direct value to the mission of the company and often make a real difference.
AMPEL has a hybrid environment of remote and in-office personnel. We utilize the Google suite to remain highly collaborative in our work. We believe in mentorship and open dialogue to encourage growth and continued learning.
AMPEL is looking for a full time in office administrator to assist in the daily tasks of the office and upper management. The ideal candidate will be in charge of the organization and efficiency of daily office operations. From scheduling client meetings, to communicating between departments, you will be responsible for completing multi-level tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage the reception area and staff to ensure effective communication both internally and externally.
- Provide office guests with a hospitable experience.
- Supervise the maintenance of office areas, equipment, and facilities.
- Interact with IT, phone and building personnel as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports, proposals, and memorandums as directed by senior staff members; Independently preparing these items when appropriate.
- Manage company emails, letters, packages, phone calls and other forms of correspondence.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings and appointments as directed by senior staff members.
- Manage agendas, travel plans and appointments for senior staff members and traveling Clinical Operations Associates.
- Reconcile and submit expense reports for specific senior staff members.
- Develop and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Create and update databases and records for financial information, personnel and other data including independently performing activities to update existing personnel information regarding address and status changes for insurance, etc.
- Perform necessary activities for new personnel, including setting up payroll information and ensuring other onboarding activities and paperwork are distributed and completed (tax documents, insurance, other benefits, etc). May include independent activities to seek out and accomplish tasks necessary to register business in additional states, with guidance by senior level staff.
- Support bookkeeping and budgeting procedures for the company, both independently as assigned and by assisting the department heads with the physical preparation of the department expenses and budgets.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.