Office Manager / Logistics Coordinator
LumaCyte, a biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia is growing! Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, biopharmaceutical, and CDMO organizations to advance their processes and accelerate the delivery of life saving treatments and cures. LumaCyte’s patented technology, Laser Force Cytology™, has broad and deep applicability across the life sciences sector with strong adoption in the vaccine and cell and gene therapy arenas. We are a company built on innovation with a strong focus on team, where everyone comes together to advance our mission of accelerating scientific discoveries and breakthroughs.
Our company is searching for an experienced, reliable, and detail-oriented Office Manager / Logistic Coordinator. The Office Manager will be responsible for performing a number of varying duties and should embrace and enjoy the energy of a rapidly growing company environment. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks. We are looking for someone who loves the opportunity to wear many hats, embraces times of ambiguity and is the first one to jump in and offer assistance to team members in need.
- Vendor relationship development and management.
- Fielding telephone calls, receiving, and directing visitors.
- Supply and materials purchasing.
- Coordinating domestic and international shipping as well as relevant customs documentation and processing.
- On-boarding of new employees with some HR responsibilities
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
- Occasional arrangement of corporate events to take place outside of the workplace.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ensure office environment is kept organized and supplies are consistently monitored and stocked.
Experience and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A.
- Strong customer service skills or background
- Inquisitive with a proactive approach
- Works well independently or in team environments
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate setting.
- Strong computer skills across the Microsoft suite, Concur, and Slack platforms.
- Experience with QuickBooks, expense reporting, and accounting functions are a plus.
- Diverse communication skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of people including employees, customers, and vendors.
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Devices & Instrumentation