Open Rank Faculty Position in Chemical Engineering
University of Virginia
The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Virginia invites applicants for a tenured or tenure-track position at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor. Rank and tenure status will be commensurate with experience level. UVA is proud to have a strong culture of collaboration and collegiality and is committed to creating collaborative and diverse environments necessary to solve the next generation of research challenges.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates must have:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or a related field at the time of appointment.
- A record of excellence in scientific research.
- A commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, inclusion, and advancing understanding and outcomes for underrepresented groups.
- Research interests in all areas related to chemical engineering will be considered, including computation/simulation and biotechnology/bioprocessing work complementing current departmental strengths.
For questions regarding the position please contact Prof. Steven Caliari.
For questions about the application process, please contact Rich Haverstrom, Faculty Search Advisor.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification (FSAKA).
All applicants must apply through UVA HR.