Operational Excellence Manager
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent. MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC. is a fast-growing medical device company seeking a highly motivated, values-driven individual who will thrive within a fast-paced and fluid FDA-controlled environment.
The Operational Excellence (OPEX) Manager position is a newly established role reporting to the Director of Global Supply Chain. Within this role, the OPEX Manager will be responsible for partnering with key members of the leadership team to identify, analyze, and execute Supply Chain and Operations projects that focus on people, processes, and technology in pursuit of business excellence.
Supply Chain Systems & Process Optimization:
- Develops and maintains a robust pipeline of risk-mitigating/cost-saving projects and facilitates efforts to prioritize, resource, and implement those projects deemed essential to departmental / organizational strategic objectives.
- Integrates a data-driven approach with detailed monitoring of Key Process Indicators relating to Supply Chain and Machine Shop Manufacturing Operations to establish and communicate priorities of effort.
- Partners with the Supply Chain Director and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to implement, integrate, and optimize ERP, MES, and other electronic-based systems necessary for enhancing Supply Chain and Operations-related functions such as production scheduling, forecasting, and direct/indirect purchasing.
- Monitors and reports progress of action plans and assists with efforts to identify and eliminate obstacles preventing timely and successful completion of projects.
- Participates in the process for developing Supply Chain strategies and annual work plans.
- Operates as the focal point of contact for members of the Colson Medical Business Optimization Team and partners with them to integrate and implement group level initiatives relating to LEAN, business optimization, and cost reductions.
- Partners with leaders from MicroAire Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Finance to help develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement at MicroAire with a LEAN strategy for achieving business and process excellence at its core.
- Provides facilitation support for Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen events and other process excellence initiatives.
- Effectively employs the use of LEAN tools such as: Toyota Production System, LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Eight Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, Root Cause Analysis, LEAN Daily Management, and KPI’s.
Training & Development:
- Provides leadership / mentoring / training to all Buyer-Planners, Senior Buyer-Planners, and Operations Team Leaders on project management skills and the use and practice of LEAN methodology and continuous process improvement.
- Acts as a key driver of change within the Supply Chain and Machine Shop Operations teams by communicating the changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust, and grow with the organization’s pursuits of supply chain and business excellence.
- Trains and empowers department champions in LEAN methodology (such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, 8 Wastes, Value added/Non-Value added analysis, poka yoke etc.) and formal problem solving techniques to support/facilitate implementation plans.
- Establishes a solid foundation around 5S & LEAN Daily Management in the workplace with process, metrics, and ownership at all levels.
Experience and Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree + minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain /Operations
- Demonstrated experience identifying and leading cost-reduction / business optimization projects
- Demonstrated experience implementing LEAN principles (Six Sigma knowledge a plus)
- Experience working with value stream mapping and facilitating Kaizen events.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree + Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain/Operations Management experience required
- Critical Thinking and strong Leadership skills are essential
- Proven success designing and managing projects in a cross-functional organization
- ASCM, APICS, ISM, Six Sigma, Lean Champion, and PMP certifications are considered favorably
- Good interpersonal & timely communication skills
- Ability to coach and develop personnel effectively
- Strong computer, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of project management software and tools
- Solid experience working with and optimizing Enterprise Resource Systems (MRP/ERP)
- Firm understanding of supply chain risk analysis and design
- Ability to manage cross functional projects
- Strategist and driver; proven ability to plan and motivate for results
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Organized & strong attention to detail
- Team player and team builder