Cerillo is an early-stage company based in Charlottesville, Virginia working to develop innovative laboratory instruments. We seek to hire a bright, creative, motivated individual to lead our production and business operations functions. The Operations Manager will initially report directly to Cerillo’s Chief Executive Officer.
Your job responsibilities may vary, but will initially include:
- Production Management: Planning and establishing production schedule to meet customer demands. Physical manufacturing of Cerillo products for commercial sale.
- Order Fulfillment: Purchase order processing, fulfillment, and shipment processing to our global customer base.
- Supply Chain Management: Managing overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of Cerillo’s supply chain. Sourcing, purchasing, and tracking both raw materials and final products. Managing and monitoring vendor’s qualifications and performance to ensure satisfaction of Cerillo’s requirements
- Process Optimization: Optimizing small-scale manufacturing processes in the short term, and establishing large-scale manufacturing processes in the long term, including leading choice of materials and methods as well as coordination with external suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications
We’re looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Drive to take on ownership of a core function within the Cerillo environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort relating to end-users and a diverse group of colleagues
- Willingness to think (and sometimes work) outside of the job description, identifying new problems and creatively thinking through solutions
- Strong desire for continuous improvement, both in process and personal development
- Experience in production and inventory management
…and, if you have any of the following, we would love to hear about it:
- Formal project management experience
- Past work in the biomedical or medical device industry
Cerillo’s headquarters is located just off of the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, part of a vibrant high-tech community in one of the “best places to live” in America. More information about the company can be found at cerillo.bio.