LIGHTHOUSE is the leading global provider of laser-based headspace analysis systems and measurement services. Headspace applications include container closure integrity testing, monitoring of headspace oxygen during filling and for stability studies, water activity determination, lyo cycle optimization, chamber moisture mapping, and automated media fill inspection. LIGHTHOUSE offers a range of benchtop and in-line platforms with patented laser sensor technology commercialized with the help of funding from the Food and Drug Administration. In addition, analytical services are delivered from laboratory facilities in Amsterdam and Charlottesville, Virginia, including method development, analytical process, and product studies.
Our Charlottesville, Virginia office is currently seeking career professionals in the following area: Materials Planner.
The Materials Planner is responsible for planning materials requirements and schedules sub-assembly build requests to support the manufacturing build plan and will manage inventory levels to minimize costs and “stock out” events. Additionally, this position will maintain the part number and Bill of Materials data in the company’s ERP system.
- Manage inventory levels to minimize cost without jeopardizing revenue recognition.
- Analyze and revise reorder points for all inventory part numbers and sub-assemblies.
- Communicates “Purchase Advice” to Buyer.
- Keep “stock out” events to an absolute minimum and proactively advise manufacturing when there is imminent danger of such events.
- Maintain shortage reports.
- Develop and maintain a build request schedule for assembly and sub-assembly builds to level load the mfg floor.
- Update Manufacturing Log with realistic shipment dates as the jobs progress.
- Generate, manage, and properly close all job documentation in the ERP system.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five years of proven and demonstrated experience as a planner working with MRP and ERP systems.
- Active listening and clear communication skills: verbal and written (e.g., grammar, writing, and editing.)
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills with acute attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented and self-reliant with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time, and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines required.
- A team player who can cultivate a team spirit within the department and maintain positive interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply Organization guidelines and procedures within the position and the department.
- Employer-sponsored IRA retirement
- Life insurance
- Discretionary annual bonus potential
- Holiday and time-off provisions.