Process Engineer / Senior Process Engineer
Bonumose is on a mission to make healthy sugar affordable for the mass market. With a mindset of business as a moral imperative, Bonumose uses the acronym COVER to describe who, what, where and how we intend to serve:
- Customers/Consumers: Through our affordable, delicious, healthy sugars, we will empower our food & beverage customers to produce tasty food without trade-offs. By sincerely and tirelessly serving our customers and theirs, the rest will fall into place.
- Owners: We will create wealth for our owners.
- Value Chain: We will enable wealth-creation opportunities for our suppliers, distribution partners, and others in the value chain.
- Employees: We will support employees’ livelihoods, career development, and personal growth goals, helping them provide for themselves and their families through the dignity of meaningful work, in an environment of mutual respect and concern, while sharing in Company profit.
- Realm: We intend to make a lasting, positive impact on the world through that which is mentioned above, including betterment of public health and private wealth.
The Process Engineer or Senior Process Engineer will help establish the world’s first continuous production of rare sugars from the starch derivative maltodextrin in a Demonstration Plant located in the greater Charlottesville, Virginia area. The successful candidate will be working directly with the R&D and Demonstration Plant Operations teams to maximize throughput, improve product quality, and improve the efficiency of process units.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for developing methods for improving the existing process. This includes performing process data analysis and brainstorming novel solutions in a team environment.
• Assist in the commissioning of the plant and work directly with different contractors to understand each skid’s basic maintenance requirements including preventative maintenance to minimize process failures.
• Build CMMS systems for new equipment and establish spare parts and inventory levels.
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, help document failure analyses, and implement corrective actions.
• Assist the Demonstration Plant Operation Team as needed to troubleshoot issues in the process.
• Manage process projects and tasks as assigned by the plant manager.
• Work within all safety, environmental, food safety, and food security procedures.
• Responsible for developing SOP and training material for the Demonstration Plant Operation Teams.
• As needed, lead troubleshooting training for the Demonstration Plant Operation Team.
Experience and Qualifications
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical, preferred) or related field.
• Chemical/Process Engineering experience desired; prior knowledge in Food industry or Consumer Product Goods is preferred.
• Previous work experience developing or assisting in the development of new processes.
• Prior involvement with supporting capital projects.
• Experience supervising employees or managing a project with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong engineering fundamentals with proven abilities and practical experience in the following areas:
• Process optimization
• Data-based decision-making using data from different sources.
• Lean Six Sigma for triggered events and proactive improvements.
• Unit operations, understanding, and continuous improvements.
• CAD for maintaining plant drawings and P&IDs.
• Process measurement and control systems.
• Maintenance techniques and systems for reliable operation.
• Troubleshooting hardware and processes.
• Managing multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through on agreed actions.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SAP
• Familiarity with food manufacturing, GMPs, HACCP, SQF Safety standards and regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to perform lab testing to support improvements.
- Agriculture & Food Tech
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance