Cadence VA is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to support our 2nd shift Production Team. This is a highly visible position and excellent opportunity for a skilled and approachable supervisor looking to join a growing and evolving organization.
The right candidate for this position will be well versed in coaching, mentoring, building trust, and managing production employees in a highly-regulated, manufacturing environment. This is a salaried, exempt-level position, primarily working second shift hours with flexibility to assist with other shifts and in supporting peer supervisors. This role has approximately 20-30 direct reports.
- Serve as the leader for production associates; setting the standard for attitude, enthusiasm, energy, drive and commitment.
- Proven track record of interviewing and hiring for technical production roles
- Previous, proven experience in building relationships with employees and supporting day-to-day employee needs.
- Takes ownership of coaching and mentoring employees on a daily basis
- Prepares and leads performance feedback for employees and career development on production team.
- Ensures that cross training goals are met, planning in advance, and employees are properly trained in all required production areas.
- Utilizes and maintains strong working relationships with supervisory/peer group.
- Maintains time and attendance records and stays apprised of leave tracking and management.
- Track, document and manage employee performance against established goals, objectives, and standards.
Experience and Qualifications
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role is required. Required supervisory skills include:
- Active Listening – giving full attention to what employees are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate without interrupting
- Strong public-speaking and presentation skills – ability to speak with team members to convey information effectively.
- Relationship Building – the ability to build trust and relationships within the team by understanding the personalities and utilizing an approachable communication style.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, learning the personalities and tapping into strengths.
Management of production operations, including:
- Promote, encourage and lead the area’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Working closely with employees in your area, improve or exceed safety, efficiency and quality goals.
- Prepare, read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals across multiple technologies.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods.
- Enforce safety and other company regulations and policies.
- Collaborate with Engineering and other departments in continuous improvement activities.
Associates degree or higher in a management or technical field is a plus for this position.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Variable compensation plan
- and more.