GO Virginia is a statewide economic initiative for driving the growth of higher paying jobs in traded sectors through incentivizing collaboration between local government, higher education and the private sector by offering grants that support nine separate regional growth plans.
There are nine separate GO Virginia regions throughout the Commonwealth. GO Virginia Region 9 includes the City of Charlottesville and the Counties of Albemarle, Culpeper, Fauquier, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, Orange and Rappahannock.
The Central Virginia Partnership (Partnership) is the support organization and hosts the office and operations for the GO Virginia Region 9 Council. The Partnership is a public/private partnership 501(c) 6 non-profit, public / private partnership formed to help create new jobs and investment in Central Virginia including the City of Charlottesville and the Counties of Albemarle, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson and Orange.
The GO Virginia Program Analyst is a new position that will assist the GO Virginia Region 9 Director by overseeing program processes including project reporting, grant reimbursement, remittances and deadlines, etc. The individual in this position will be responsible for not only program processes but will also be expected to analyze current processes and recommend or create new ones that drive program success, quality and efficiency. This position is part time, or 20-30 hours per week.
- Provide customer service to awarded grant project contacts, office team, and Council Members.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes, submits and tracks grant funded project remittances and contracts while assuring compliance with program guidelines.
- Track multiple deadline to ensure project activity and budgets are on track with contract and program guidelines.
- Organize documentation and workflows so that status of projects is clear and recommend process improvements.
- Organize activities such as meetings and events to include writing outreach materials, social media posts, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist internal and external customers with understanding and completing required reporting or reimbursement requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- Project management experience and knowledge of detail tracking techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and track tasks to ensure program and projects success.
- Natural attention to detail to accurately track project budgets, reimbursement documentation, and reporting.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication experience and skills Ability to prioritize workflow and timelines to meet program objectives.
- Ability to distill complex information into understandable reports.
- Proficiency with computers and the ability to use or learn digital tools, such as Adobe, Office, LinkedIn, Zoom, Constant Contact, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in grant management, project management, state programs, reimbursement or budget management.
- Previous experience with grant budgets and reimbursement documentation processes.
- Familiarity with budgeting and accounting.
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with GO Virginia program, structure and activities.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to adapt in fast paced ever changing environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds to transport materials and equipment, etc., and help set up event space for meetings.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter no later than September 8, 2021.
GO Virginia Region 9 Director
Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development
North Fork, Town Center Two
1001 Research Park Boulevard, Suite 301
Charlottesville, VA 22911