Virginia Bio-Connect (VBC) is a Commonwealth of Virginia grant-funded program for the strengthening of Virginia’s biotechnology sector through enhanced ecosystem connectivity and support for entrepreneurs and job seekers. VBC is seeking a highly motivated and skilled project management professional who can work efficiently in a small team environment.
The new VBC Project Manager-Internships will assist in the execution of a new
“STEM2VA” internship program under the VBC grant, serving Virginia’s private sector companies and job seekers. The Project Manager-Internships must have demonstrable management skills, and experience managing internship or similar programs and be able to assist with development and execution of a suite of programs to support biotechnology workforce, small business and ecosystem connection. She/he will have experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives and development activities and has worked in multi-faceted operating roles. This position will report directly to the VBC Program Lead (CEO, Virginia Biotechnology Association), and work closely and collaboratively with the VBC Program Manager and other VBC partners to achieve VBC’s targeted internship goals.
- Assist VBC Program Lead to establish and execute all elements of the VBC STEM2VA internship program, including:
- Managing internship application portal and vendor relationships;
- Overseeing job candidate matching; and
- Sourcing new job opportunities from across the state
- Marketing the STEM2VA internship program via VBC website and social media platforms, and via university career offices
- Track metrics to measure performance and progress towards internship program objectives under the VBC grant
Experience and Qualifications
- College bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 2 years work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and interact with executive-level partners
- Demonstrably strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and experience contributing to the success of teams.
- Experience with Virginia college or university career services leaders desired.
- Experience with online records management tools for hiring or internship programs desired.