Quality Control & Assurance Specialist
Bonumose is on a mission to make healthy sugar affordable for the mass market. With a mindset of business as a moral imperative, Bonumose uses the acronym COVER to describe who, what, where and how we intend to serve:
- Customers/Consumers: Through our affordable, delicious, healthy sugars, we will empower our food & beverage customers to produce tasty food without trade-offs. By sincerely and tirelessly serving our customers and theirs, the rest will fall into place.
- Owners: We will create wealth for our owners.
- Value Chain: We will enable wealth-creation opportunities for our suppliers, distribution partners, and others in the value chain.
- Employees: We will support employees’ livelihoods, career development, and personal growth goals, helping them provide for themselves and their families through the dignity of meaningful work, in an environment of mutual respect and concern, while sharing in Company profit.
- Realm: We intend to make a lasting, positive impact on the world through that which is mentioned above, including betterment of public health and private wealth.
The Quality Control & Assurance Specialist will support the world’s first continuous production of rare sugars from the starch derivative maltodextrin in a 1,000 MT/yr demonstration plant located in the greater Charlottesville, VA area. The successful candidate will work closely with Bonumose’s Engineering & Operations Manager and Process Specialists. This position focuses on performing routine laboratory assays on raw materials, in process samples, and final products, ensuring that Bonumose produces a high-quality product. This position also assists in inspections and audits related to maintaining a high quality GMP facility and carries out environmental monitoring testing (biological).
What you’ll do:
- Understand and comply with company safety and quality policies.
- Work 8AM – 5PM Monday thru Friday, and occasionally be “on-call” on weekends.
- Perform daily QC/QA assays on raw materials, in process samples, and final products following approved testing protocols.
- Will conduct quality analysis on products then compare test results to specifications for batch disposition, and perform data entry of test results.
- Perform and lead troubleshooting when failures are encountered during QC/QA testing.
- Perform data analysis and data entry of test results, submit batch records for usage decision following good documentation practices (GDP).
- Participate in revising documentation or initiating quality notifications where needed to record deviations in workflows.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized laboratory area.
- Participate in the verification and validation of new process improvements.
- Assist supervisor in areas of evaluation and implementation of QC/QA test procedures and departmental processes.
- Collaborate with co-workers to troubleshoot assays and instruments.
- Carry out Calibration and maintain Calibration schedule on Laboratory Equipment.
- Participate in pre-op Inspections, GMP inspections and Internals Audits
- Carry out Environmental Monitoring duties.
Experience and Qualifications
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field, with a background in analytical testing
- Experience in a general laboratory environment
- Understanding of biochemistry and chemistry concepts
- Excellent organization and time management for performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to problem solve and trouble-shoot
- A desire to contribute to cutting edge work in the field of nutrition and health
- Strong work ethic and business ethics
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- BONUS: Previous experience working in food grade certified facilities or GMP environment. Previous experience with compliance to a GFSI standard preferred
- Agriculture & Food Tech
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance