Research And Development Engineer
The candidate will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for performing a variety of engineering tasks related to ongoing and future research and development projects. The candidate must have a working knowledge of at least one programming/prototyping language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, C++, etc) and must also have experience with at least one computed aided design (CAD) software package (e.g. SolidWorks).
The position will provide the opportunity for the candidate to develop additional competencies in the following areas: rapid prototyping, design for manufacturability, image and signal processing, clinical trial design and execution, and medical device regulatory approval processes. You will work within a talented team of professionals as we strive to achieve our mission of improving global standards of care with world-first imaging technology.
This is a great opportunity to enter the medical devices industry and advance within the organization as skill level and experience allows.
- Design and rapid prototyping of mechanical, electromechanical, and software sub-systems
- Develop new imaging techniques on developmental ultrasound platforms (MATLAB / C++)
- Conduct high-quality experiments to produce preliminary data to support federal grant applications
- Support testing, V&V, and design transfer from R&D to manufacturing
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems etc.) or equivalent
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, MATLAB
- Experience designing mechanical parts in SolidWorks
We are always looking to complement our existing team with individuals that bring unique perspectives and experiences. This variety of thought and perspective drives innovation and strengthens our ability to create an inclusive team environment where our core values of trust, humility, and dedication are practiced every day. As an equal opportunity employer, all applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Clinical Research
- Health Tech & Software
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Team/Family Events