Luna Innovations’ Health Science Group is seeking a motivated Research Associate to contribute to fast-paced, early-stage biomedical research. The candidate will have a background in biology, immunology, virology, or related, and be responsible for in-lab, hands-on research in the molecular biology and immunology/virology space. The candidate will contribute to multiple programs aimed at enhancing vaccine delivery, developing advanced molecular diagnostics, and characterizing cellular responses of biomaterials.
- Perform and/or supervise experiments within the lab setting including cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, and other standard cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Acquires necessary equipment and supplies for ongoing research.
- Executes directed literature searches and suggests next steps to supervisors.
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment.
- Summarizes and interprets raw data.
- Writes clear, concise and timely technical reports to document significant results
- Keeps complete notebook of work performed
- Develops new methodology as necessary under direct supervision
- Demonstrates and promotes safety
- Assists in developing new technology and participate in technical reviews
- Utilizes current technology to accomplish tasks on projects and to solve routine technical problems
Experience and Qualifications
Previous demonstrated in lab experience (1-3 years) is required, and the candidate will be familiar with standard experimental design and techniques.
Apply for this job here.
Devices & Instrumentation