Cerillo’s Sales Representative is responsible for the management of the sales pipeline for direct to consumer and distributor sales. This individual with also be responsible for building relationships with individuals and companies in target markets in order to sell the company’s products and services and reach internal sales goals. This position will contribute to developing and implementing sales strategies to support corporate goals.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating awareness and demand for the company products and services.
- Maintaining and growing profitable sales in territory.
- Responding to customer/distributor partner inquiries promptly. Managing all deals and communication in Cerillo’s CRM accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Continually optimizing sales processes.
- Identifying prospective customers, following leads from existing customers, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Providing technical support / training on current and new products to customers and distributor partners.
- Traveling domestically and globally to maintain face-to-face relationships with prospects and partners.
- Attending and serving as Cerillo brand representative at industry trade shows and events.
- Submitting call and expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Consulting with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Supporting sales forecasting and reporting activities.
- Providing installation on certain products and demonstrate usage.
- Maintaining company property
- Assisting other departments within organization to prepare or distribute manuals, product brochures, and technical information.
- Assisting in new product research, customer requirements, and market trends.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, or related discipline.
- Experience in selling research equipment, medical sales, or similar. Laboratory experience with a microbiology focus preferred.
- Experience working within CRM databases to organize customer information, track progress towards goals and develop reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a non-structured developing work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to think “outside the box”, communicate and motivate customers on the company’s products and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills.