Tympanogen is a medical device company based in Richmond, VA that is on a mission to improve healthcare by simplifying surgical procedures. We develop gel-based medical devices for the ear, nose, and throat industry, and are transforming eardrum surgery into an office-based procedure.
We are hiring a Scientist I to support our team through the rigorous application of scientific principles to experiment design and execution in a device research laboratory. This position works with research and development team members to implement and maintain successful product development and quality control practices.
- Assisting with reagent production
- Preparing and characterizing gel-based devices using SOPs
- Quality testing device components and developing protocols
- Operating equipment such as analytical balance, centrifuge, pH meter, stir plates, rheometer etc.
- Executing techniques to characterize synthesized reagents
- Assisting with data collection and analysis
- Maintaining records and documenting activities in electronic lab notebook
- Utilizing project management software to manage and track activities
- Preparing reports and presentations of results obtained through experiments
- Shipping samples to contractors
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biology, or related field
- At least one year of previous lab experience
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft-based computer programs including some scientific, graphic, and statistical software is required.
- Medical insurance
- dental insurance