BIO-CAT, located in central Virginia, is a growing biotech company and Research facility providing the latest enzyme technology and custom formulations to our customers that include industrial, food, and agriculture markets. We are currently hiring for a Research Scientist in our R&D laboratory.
The primary duty of the Research Scientist will be to develop new applications, products, and procedures
- Design, develop, conduct and review experiments to develop new or alternative products for digestive and gastrointestinal health.
- Evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes, work on customer projects
- Generate and record date, perform statistical analyses, maintain documentation
- Assist in patent work, technical assessments, scientific manuscripts and presentations, claims substantiation reports and marketing collateral
- Occasional travel to trade shows, research conference, universities, and customer/partner meetings.
- Technical internal staff support
Experience and Qualifications
- Masters or PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Nutrition Science, Physiology, Food Sciences, Biology or related field with PhD preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis is required.
- Previous industry experience preferred for Masters (3-5 yrs.) and PhD (1-2 yrs.).
- Liquid chromatography and/or mass spectrometry experience preferred.
- Design of experiments, knowledge of enzymes, attention to details and organization,
- Good oral and written communication skills
- PTO and Holiday leave
- Medical with HRA
- Student Loan Assistance
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.