The Senior Accountant will be responsible for various month-end close duties including recording and analyzing company transactions, cost allocations, general accruals, and various other ad hoc projects, as assigned. This role will also include variance analysis and reporting responsibilities related to monthly management financials and quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assistance in a variety of aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation and maintenance.
- Assistance with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules and review of monthly financial results.
- Research technical accounting issues.
- Work with external auditors and facilitate review of the close process, account reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Ensure timely monthly close and accurate monthly results.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA preferred).
- 3-5+ years of related professional work experience demonstrating professional growth and a trend of increasing responsibility.
- Consolidations and/or financial reporting experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite.
- Strong project management, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and analyze data effectively.
- Ability to work with financial systems design, structure, and reporting.
- Ability to work effectively within a team to complete projects.
- Experience in the life-sciences industry a plus.