LumaCyte, LLC is biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnology companies to characterize, select, and sort cell samples.
Our company is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing a number of varying duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. We are looking for someone who will enjoy a rapid paced and growing organization with the ability to expand their job description as well as additional opportunities long term.
Managing the daily operations of the finance department, including but not limited to monthly financial reports and analysis. This includes preparing general ledger journal entries, accounts reconciliation, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, preparation of financial reports and forecasting.
- Prepare budgets and perform expense analyses.
- Perform research on accounting issues.
- Assist with financial audits and tax returns.
- Vendor management and inventory responsibilities.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and email programs.
- Experience with Quickbooks and other accounting software.
- Diverse communication skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of people including employees, customers, and vendors.
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction.