Senior Cell Therapy Analytical Biologist
LumaCyte, LLC is biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnology companies to characterize, select, and sort cell samples. LumaCyte, LLC seeks a Cell Therapy Analytical Biologist to assist in the design, execution, and analysis of biological experiments to support the company’s cell therapy application development.
- Collaborating with other biologists, engineers, and scientists to design, perform and interpret experiments using the companies cutting edge cell analysis instrument, Radiance
- Interacting with customers, developing applications, and contributing to R&D projects
- Working in the laboratory including cell culture, cell lines, patient samples, virus stocks, and other experimental tasks
- Writing manuscripts, patents, and other technical documentation
- M.S. or Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a research lab or biotechnology company. Lab experience required
- Ability and desire to work with cutting edge instrumentation in a laboratory and customer facing setting
- Detailed knowledge of cell therapy and methods including co-culture potency assays, viral transfection and transduction, stem cell differentiation, functional cell-based assays, cell culture, expansion, etc.
Experience and Qualifications
Our ideal candidate conducts experiments, processes samples, analyzes data, provides technical, applications, and field support to customers.
- Work with team members to design and conduct experiments
- Become proficient in running samples and analyzing, understanding, and presenting data internally and externally
- Assist in the development of novel methods to analyze multivariate data
- Install instruments and support customers in the field and remotely – some travel required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, researching and contributing to scientific literature, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies
- Experience in cell therapy biomanufacturing and working with a range of primary cell samples
- Familiarity analyzing large and complex data sets; bioinformatics, multivariate analysis, or chemometrics experience desirable
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, scientific software such as OriginLab, and scripting languages such as python
- Diverse communication skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of customers and application spaces within the biotechnology and biomedical industry
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction
- Devices & Instrumentation