MicroAire Surgical Instruments
The Senior Designer is considered a subject matter expert regarding the development and execution of print and digital marketing materials targeted to specific internal/external audiences. Responsible for overseeing assigned print and digital design projects, from conception to delivery. Liaises with outward-facing customers at all levels across the company with little supervision. Administers customer relationships throughout the planning and execution of communication projects. Ensures materials meet brand identity standards and are produced in a timely, cost-effective manner. May arrange and manage project work with external resources/vendors.
• Develop, design, and/or edit communications collateral including advertising, brochures, email marketing, direct mail pieces, newsletters, and flyers with a key audience in mind (internal or external) – correctly prepare files for print.
• Recommend efficient and effective approaches to communication projects to maximize electronic communications and direct-to-consumer campaigns.
• Meet with business segment Project Managers/Associate Product Managers to plan projects, set appropriate deadlines for completion of projects; update schedules to accommodate priorities.
• Work with Regulatory/Quality Control to ensure compliance with state and federal legislative and regulatory issues for communication materials.
• Leads all design and development of external-facing websites for multiple lines of business, and may be required to complete the functional design/development work.
• Develops strategic approach, outlines project timeline, and works directly with internal clients; develops the design pitch and presents ideas to clients.
• Is considered the branding subject matter expert.
• Manages project timelines independent of supervision.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree (or Associate degree and at least two years experience), or equivalent work experience in the commercial graphic design field.
• Minimum two years experience with front-end development of web properties.
• Experience working under in-house, corporate conditions a plus. Experience working with Medical Devices or other regulated products is a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
• Ability to multi-task and stay focused under pressure.
• Project management experience (print/digital).
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop).
• Knowledge of commercial printing process and pre-press file set-up.
• General familiarity with CMS (WordPress or other).
- Medical Insurance