Senior or Principal Scientist
The successful candidate will conduct experiments and lead a small team in planning and executing experiments. This position will be on-site in our R&D laboratory in Charlottesville, VA.
ZielBio, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that identifies novel high-value disease targets and develops therapeutic interventions to improve patient outcomes. ZielBio has a rich pipeline with lead candidate ZB131 currently in the clinic. ZB131 is a proprietary humanized monoclonal antibody against cell surface plectin (CSP), a target that is highly expressed on the plasma membrane of multiple types of cancer cells, including ovarian, pancreatic, cholangiocarcinoma, lung, and colorectal.
- Work with scientific leads to develop strategies for R&D programs
- Plan and design experiments in support of R&D program strategies
- Conduct experiments and manage a subteam of 1-2 laboratory personnel
- Managing and balancing workload, prioritizing team members’ time, training, and onboarding
- Overseeing work quality and pace of team members, providing feedback and coaching as needed
- Analysis, interpretation, and recording of experimental data
- Interfacing with CROs as needed to provide input on study design
- Present study design and results at project team and other ZielBio/internal meetings. Present key findings at external conferences
- Participate in preparing relevant scientific documents such as regulatory applications or manuscripts
Experience and Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering or related field with 4+ years of post-Ph.D. experience (M.S. with equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with molecular biology and cell-based assays
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising and managing a small team; industry experience is a plus
- Solid background in oncology; experience with ADC is a plus
- Track record of successfully designing and conducting experiments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time/resource management, attention to detail, and proven success working in matrix environments
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.