Senior Product Development Engineer
Cerillo is an early-stage company based in Charlottesville, Virginia working to develop novel laboratory instruments. We seek to hire a bright, creative, motivated person to lead our hardware and measurement system development efforts.
At Cerillo, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Different perspectives and unique ways of thinking are key to bringing new ideas into the biotech sphere. As a company in that industry, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and work together to bring meaningful technologies to our global customer base. Cerillo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals who are passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Your job responsibilities may vary, but will include:
- Leading the hardware and experimental design for the Cerillo product family
- Designing and creating optical measurement systems of high precision and accuracy
- Developing internal prototypes and tools for testing and gathering data
- Analyzing data and producing clear, detailed reports for use across disciplines
- Working closely with team members in software development and electronics design to integrate their work into a cohesive physical product
- Optimizing Cerillo’s hardware designs for variously scaled manufacturing processes.
Experience and Qualifications
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Bring expertise in mechanical Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and hands-on prototyping
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across disciplines
- Think (and sometimes work) outside of the job description, identifying new problems and creatively thinking through solutions — we’re looking for innovation, not iteration on what we already have
- Dedicate themselves to empathetic design practices
- Maintain strong, up-to-date understanding of design-for-manufacturing concepts across a variety of fields, materials, and technologies
- Take on ownership of significant projects
- Produce frequent prototypes for testing and integration with the bigger picture
…and, if you have any of the following, we would love to hear about it:
- Experience in optical measurement and/or optical system design
- Product and/or portfolio management experience
- Past work in the biomedical or medical device industry
- Professional experience in a start-up environment
- Python skills (especially SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, and/or other relevant packages)
Cerillo’s headquarters is located just south of the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, part of a vibrant high-tech community in one of the “best places to live” in America. More information about the company can be found at cerillo.bio.