Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer will help expand a rapidly growing manufacturing footprint processing tagatose and other rare monosaccharides from starch sources.
A successful candidate will be working directly with the senior management team to develop a strategy, organize resources to execute, and work with partners to design and build manufacturing operations globally.
Demonstration Plant operation work will be done in a food-grade certified GMP environment with extended periods of standing and occasional heavy lifting (30-50 lbs). Otherwise, work will be conducted in office space.
Compensation package and title commensurate with experience.
- Oversee process engineering and help refine plant operations
- Develop strategic partnerships with equipment suppliers and design firms to assist in future plant design and execution
- Work with partners to help oversee plant installations at various sites
- Assist Scientific team in the execution of changes and refinements developed in the lab.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial, preferred) or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Engineering Project Management
- Chemical/Process Engineering experience desired; prior knowledge in Food industry preferred
- Hands on troubleshooting skills desired. • Experience with filtration, ion exchange, evaporation, and crystallization • Experience in starch processing, especially maltodextrin production
- Prior involvement managing major capital projects
- Experience supervising employees or managing a project with multiple stakeholders
- Strong engineering fundamentals with proven abilities and practical experience in the following areas: Project and Construction Management
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Process optimization
- Data-based decision-making using data from different sources
- Unit operations, understanding, and continuous improvements
- CAD for maintaining plant drawings and P&IDs
- Process measurement and control systems
- Maintenance techniques and systems for reliable operation
- Troubleshooting hardware and processes
- Managing multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through on agreed actions
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SAP
- Familiarity with food manufacturing, GMPs, HACCP, SQF Safety standards and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Devices & Instrumentation
- Agriculture & Food Tech
Upload your resume to apply for this role through CvilleBioHub. If the company accepts applications through email, they will also receive your resume.